Last Updated: January 19, 2021
At Stewart Baybayan Family Dentistry, we have taken all the necessary precautions required by the Ontario provincial government, Royal College of Dental Surgeons, Public Health Ontario, Middlesex London Health Unit, The Ontario Dental Association and other regulators as they pertain to the Covid-19 pandemic. We have put additional measures in place to provide an environment conducive to everyone’s safety and well-being. Our office has been practicing advanced aerosol generating protocols since the start of the pandemic.
What to expect prior to and after your appointment:
- Our office will send you a mandatory pre-screening COVID form prior to your appointment. Please complete it and submit it back to us before coming to the office. You will be asked the same questions again once you arrive at our office for your appointment.
- In order to comply with current guidelines, we have limited the number of patients entering the office. We are kindly asking patients to remain in their vehicles and to contact us upon arrival. One of our staff members will greet from your vehicle and welcome you into the office.
- We ask patients to enter the office unaccompanied, if possible. For those patients who need a guardian/companion to accompany them, we ask that it be limited to one person.
- The waiting room will be limited to those patients arriving via paratransit, bus or taxi.
- We ask all our patients to please wear a mask when entering the office and at all times until we are ready to provide treatment.
- Your temperature will be taken prior to entering the clinical area.
- We will ask you to use hand sanitizer when you enter the office. You will also find more hand sanitizer around the office to use as needed.
- Social distancing stickers are located around the front reception area.
- Glass barriers are located at the front reception area.
- All dental operatories are isolated and separated by barriers, walls and doors.
- For your appointment, we are having patients rinse with a 1.5% hydrogen peroxide rinse prior to any dental procedure.
- Upon completion of your treatment, we ask that you put your mask on again before checking out at the front reception.
We want our patients to be aware that Stewart Baybayan Dentistry is taking every measure to ensure the safety of our patients in order to serve you and to keep providing you with the best dental experience. Our office has increased our already high standard of infection prevention and control protocols by adding the following steps.
- Our staff is screened daily, which include temperature checks. This is to ensure none of our team members are coming to work ill.
- Medical-grade surgically-clean air purifiers and medical grade hepa air purifiers are placed in each dental operatory and waiting room to ensure air filtration and exchanges during and after your visit.
- Air exchanges for the office have been measured and certified by a HVAC company.
- 20 minutes is allotted between patients for all dental appointments.
- All hard surfaces are wiped with medical grade swipes between all patients and the office is using a fogger with hypochlorous acid additional to current cleaning protocols.
- Clinical staff will be wearing isolations gowns, N95 respirators and face shields.
- Door handles and other high touch contact areas are wiped and disinfected routinely several times a day.
- The patient restroom is cleaned after each use.
- We as staff are also practicing social distancing and limiting the number of people in the staff room at one time.
- All staff members wear masks throughout the entire day when working and entering the office.
We would like our patients to know that safety is of the utmost importance to us and our patients at Stewart Baybayan Family Dentistry. Let’s continue to be safe!